Saturday, June 8, 2013

Diana



College of Engineering and Design

"Just wanna share a great experience...

I had a girlfriend back in 1st year high school, that I met through an inter school quiz bee. Nerdy and pretty, she was everything i ever wanted.

On the day we met, she was sitting there alone, separated from her group, engrossed in her study material, getting prepared to kick our school out of the competition. She caught eye of me looking at her, and we just stared for moments, and moments more. 


It was eternity.

It was exhilirating. It was Love at first sight.
As the bells were rung, we gathered in the middle of the gymnasium. It was crowded. In my mind, it was ""don't do anything stupid""

But then, there was her.

In the heat of the competition, I stood there motionless, she took all my attention. I wasn't able to answer one question from the announcer. It was devastating.

My school took the blows.

I caught her again waiting for their school bus. I manned up, did my best to hold my breath and went towards her. As I was close to her, I couldn't speak as was my body was in uncontrollable shiver. With all my strength I lifted my hand, trying my best to spurt out a greeting.

""Hello.""

It came out wrong. But then...

She giggled. I was relieved.

""Hi miss, sorry sa pagdisturbo, sa tinuud lang wala ko kabalo ngano ko niduul nimo, pero ganahan unta ko makablo sa imo name.""

""Diana""

Her bus came and she waved goodbye. I held my heart, it was going into overdrive.

A few weeks later...

Having a bad day, sun's heat directing it's death rays at me, I decided to go to Lee Plaza and have a stroll. Took a ride on the escalator. Everything was fine then, everything will be...

my shoelace got stuck. Like they say, shit happens. After a tug of war with the escalator and walking with a broken shoelace free shoe, went up to the food court to buy a drink.

Gotta fight the heat, it was scorching.

As I walk into line...

""Agay""

The girls drink spilled on my shirt.

""Sorry miss, wala ko kakita nimo. Nasakitan ka?""

She looked at me, and my heart rate went up.

It was her...

Diana...

To be continued..."

No comments:

Post a Comment